Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Weekend- Part 1

Went over to see my grandparents, and my uncle and cousin who were here from OK. Stayed at my great-aunt's house, so that gave me a chance to take a few more photos of the way she kept things (at least some of my favorites), and kind of say goodbye one more time.

Her kitchen cabinet- she always used china


Cuckoo clock over the kitchen table




Dining chair


This hangs in her hall. Don't know the story behind it, but it's awesome!




This one's blurry, but I had to share it anyway...




I got too busy talking to take pictures at my grandparents', so all the family photos were taken by others. So I don't have any to share yet, but it was a great time! :-)

6 comments:

Holly said...

awesome dining chair! And great photo of the front door! your aunt had a neat looking house. I like the pink cabinet with coordinating china! And that leather piece is very cool too!
Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Thanks! The cabinet is actually off-white. Don't know why it turned out pink in the photo- other than it was a funny time of day (lighting-wise). The thing in the hall is metal- I think from one of her travels. Don't know what it's supposed to be..... Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

What I remember most were the cupboard door knobs in the kitchen. I remember them being clear and filled with corn, peas, etc. Am I wrong?

Holly said...

the metal thing....possibly a serving tray?

Emily said...

Aunt Laurie,

You're right about the knobs. They're so cool- I've never seen another set like them.

Hope you're having a good day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Those knobs were what gave me the idea to put corn in an old milk bottle to display. I made Ross go to the co-op and buy that much corn, but they did not even charge him. That was probably 12-13 years ago and I still have it. sometimes I put flowers in it.