Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Home...

I'm finally back, home, and anxiously trying to get back into a 'normal' routine. I've felt very pensive, hopeful/excited, and maybe a bit melancholy about the new year (reflecting on the old), wanting to be very cautious and prayerful about my goals. I'm not ready to share them here, but I will tell you that...

Today, I love:
  • The feeling of a fresh start.
  • Being home.
  • The chance of an unexpected trip.
  • California when my world has been a bit cold and gray.
  • Family and friends, who are friends- always.
  • That God's mercies are new every morning.
  • That I am blessed beyond merit or measure.
  • My husband- who is my earthly rock, and best friend.
  • A warm house.
  • My cat.
  • Coffee.
  • Candles.
  • The feel of clean.
  • The way good music and beautiful things lift the soul.
  • That I am loved.
I have lots to share, but as I have more to write than time, I just wanted to say hello- and that it's so good to be home.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love the photo! You write so well......

. sarah . said...

Em, I love this photo!! But I love it more that you are home. Seeing you tonight made me miss you more.

Unknown said...

You are on my love list too!!