Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update

So here's an update, as I haven't posted for awhile.

The pie was good- but not my favorite. I think I was overly in love with the photo shown and description given. Not as chocolate-y as I would have liked, and not the "French Silk" texture I was expecting. Probably won't make it again (Still love Pioneer Woman, though, don't get me wrong!). So- nothing ventured, nothing gained. That said, if anyone has any recipes for good chocolate pie, I'd love to try!

Here's what I came home to on our 'anniversary' (not the regular one, one of the others. It's six months opposite our wedding anniversary, and the anniversary of the day he first told me he loved me. Maybe cheesy, but we always celebrate it anyway). Isn't he sweet? Love that.


Photo of the skit at the Valentine Banquet at Suburban Heights Baptist Church. Thanks for letting us hang out- we had a great time!


Also, Happy-Belated-Birthday-Hello to Mrs. R, Uncle Dave, Rebekah (my niece), Rebekah (my sister-in-law), Amie, Cousin Jim, and of course my favorite fella...

Note: In case you're wondering, Chris has a fascination with fire and thought it would be fun to have all the candles in a big fat group, rather than spread out over the cake.

This year we had a "Dirty Jobs" theme party for Chris' birthday. Didn't get everything as uber-decorated as I would have liked (wanted to 'decoratively' string 'trash' from the ceiling in a repeating pattern), but it was fun. If any are not familiar with the show on the Discovery channel, you really must give it a try. It's very interesting and usually quite disgusting. It's one of our favorites. Says a lot doesn't it...

Better photo of the cake...



And because I can never get enough photos of my cat...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful variety of the spices of your life---enjoyed them so much!!!

sandy said...

There is something about that top photo I love, the lighting of the candles, the mood, the door behind him..great great shot!

sandy