Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

I love Thanksgiving. Great food aside, it's nice to pause with a grateful heart and to re-connect with family. This year things went a bit differently than normal. We spent Thanksgiving day at my parents' with family, and then went to Chris' family's house that night. We then ended up shopping all night on a whim. Fun to do once- not something I'm planning to do again; well, at least not anytime soon!

The picture above is probably one of those snapshots that, while nothing spectacular, will be treasured for years because it captures the moment so well.

Here are a few other shots from the day...

Grandpa

Grandma

My Parents- Laughing til they cried

This last one is from outside the fabric store at 5:30 in the morning. (You would not believe the line outside there that early. Crazy!) They opened at 6:00, and had a great sale I just couldn't pass up. It was our last stop before going home. I waited in line for an hour and a half (and I was only about six people back). In retrospect, it probably wasn't worth it, had I known ahead of time. But got some stuff I needed to finish some presents!


I'm so thankful for all the blessings I have been given! Even those I don't even know about... Here are some of my favorites (both large and small):

1) Family- Both those assigned and chosen
2) Love
3) A Warm Home
4) Dreams
5) Health
6) Peace in our corner of the world
7) Coffee

But seriously, may we always pray for and remember those not blessed as we have been- there but for the grace of God, go I...

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

No comments: