Monday, March 31, 2008

In Memory of the Classiest Lady I've Ever Known...

I just wanted to post a brief tribute to my great-aunt, Helen H. Jackson. She passed away Saturday evening, in her home. I was able to see her, sit with her, and say goodbye shortly before her death. I will always treasure that.

Aunt Helen was my 'other grandma'. She was kind, dignified, spunky, hospitable, independent, and the classiest lady I've ever known. She had absolutely impeccable taste, and could turn the smallest thing into a beautiful celebration. She has made a significant impact on my life. I love her very much, and will miss her terribly.

I can only hope to be more like her.

Her funeral information is linked here

Goodbye, Aunt Helen. I love you. Rest well.

4 comments:

sandy said...

What a nice tribute. Many blessings to her and you.

sandy

Anonymous said...

So sorry Em! It was such a blessing that you got to spend that special time with her. You and your family are in our prayers

. sarah . said...

Em, sorry about losing Aunt Helen, but I'm so glad you had her! From your description of her I think you have learned from her :)

. sarah . said...

I miss you bloggin girl!!! And I miss you in real life....